On July 18, members of Tooele Writer’s Group gathered at the pavilion next to the pool for a public meet-and-greet-the-author night. Several authors brought books to sign.
While the public and authors came and went as they pleased, the authors (and their books) that were present at 6:00 P.M. are listed below.
If you attended, please comment on this post. If you’re a Tooele Writer’s Group author but not listed, please let us know what you’re working on and/or what books you have published. If you’re not a writer, please let us know—what did you like about what you saw? What other thoughts do you have you’d like to share with us?
6:00 P.M. Sampling:
- Scott Bryan, author of Night Children: Dark Birth and Night Children: Dark Threats
- Lucinda Whitney, author of contemporary LDS romance set in Portugal, with works scheduled to come out next year
- Holli Anderson, YA urban fantasy/paranormal fiction author of Five Out of the Dark and Five Out of the Pit, published by Curiosity Quills Press
- Konstanz Silverbow, author of Missing Royal and Only Half Alive
- Karen E. Hoover, author of The Sapphire Flute, The Armor of Light, The Emerald Wolf, Two souls are Better than One, and Newtimber: Fractured
- Celeste Hansen, author of historical romance, YA and children’s fiction
- Frank Shafer, author of historical fiction
- Gwen Bristol, fantasy, general fiction and creative nonfiction
- Laura Bastian, author of Eye on Orion and Guardians of the Gate
Tooele is full of talent.
In the five years I’ve been involved in the writing community, I’ve seen so much talent in our little area. We’ve got a handful of authors who are published. Both traditionally, as well as independently. One thing that impresses me about authors, is how friendly they are, and how genuinely interested they are in seeing each other succeed.
Though I’ve been involved mostly in writing genre fiction in the Young Adult and Middle Grade fantasy categories, I know we have lots of people interested in Non Fiction, Poetry, Short stories, and many others.
We want to expand our group and welcome anyone with an interest in writing to check us out. We are a Chapter of the League of Utah Writers, and being a due paying member offers lots of benefits. However, we welcome anyone to our meetings. If you’re interested in becoming a member of the League, check out this link. http://www.luwriters.org/
We typically meet the 3rd Thursday of each month at 6:30 to 8:00 at the Tooele City Library.
We have a mailing list for information about the chapter and events happening.
We have a Facebook page where we share writing tips and get help and feedback on a variety of topics.
In the comments you’ll see information from a variety of authors connected to our group. Please feel free to contact me at AuthorLauraBastian@gmail.com if you have any questions or are interested in joining.
In June, Tooele Writer’s Group had a pot-luck picnic dinner. The group was small, but the chatting was as fun as always!
Here’s one of the fun recipes from that night:
Home-Made Guacamole, and Layered Dip—from Cindy Ferriera Whitney
The guacamole is just mashed avocados with a pinch of salt and some lime juice.
For the layer dip, it’s a layer of fat free refried beans at the bottom, fat free sour cream, guacamole, chopped tomatoes, chopped green bell peppers, sliced black olives, chopped cilantro, and shredded cheese.
Who else from Tooele Writers wants to share recipes? E-mail me at email@example.com, and I’ll put them up here.